News:

Welcome to the Classifieds!

Main Menu

Shoofly Pie, Wet-Bottom or Dry?

Started by Epoch-Times-Bot, Dec 02, 2022, 03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epoch-Times-Bot

Shoofly Pie, Wet-Bottom or Dry?

As a resident of Pennsylvania, I can personally attest that our people take their shoofly pie very seriously. Those who live in the Keystone State rarely have to travel more than a few miles to get their hands on one. The sweet treat, which tastes of brown sugar and molasses, is particularly plentiful at Pennsylvania farmers markets, especially those in Lancaster County.
When it comes to shoofly pie, you could describe those who enjoy it as self-proclaimed connoisseurs who are sometimes prone to arguments as to whether wet bottom or dry bottom is superior.
I remember, as a child, seeing my stepdad crestfallen when Mom would buy one and it would end up being the cakey, dry-bottom type. Eventually, my mom quit taking a gamble on purchasing them and instead made her own to ensure that Dad would get the kind with the sticky bottom. I always wondered why the Amish markets in our area didn't simply affix labels to them to differentiate between the two at the time....

Source: Shoofly Pie, Wet-Bottom or Dry?

xenzol

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо